In this workshop, we explore:
· The “oral posture” of American English
· The peculiar articulation that is the American ‘r’ sound
· How to master the difference between the vowels in sheep and ship, green and grin
· How to master the difference between the vowels in pull and pool, soot and suit
· How to master the difference between the two different ‘th’ sounds in words like this and thin
· and several other essential and (often tricky!) vowel sounds.
Whether you’re a Brit, an Aussie, a Kiwi, or a non-native speaker of English, you need to find an American English accent that fits you and your casting like a glove. So we’ll also focus on:
· how to find your American accent—where to look, what to listen for, and more.
· how to keep practicing on your own (Practice makes perfect, after all!).