- This event has passed.
EXPERIENCING SPEECH #21
December 14, 2017 - December 20, 2017$200 – $900
A Six-Day Workshop in:
- the sounds of the world’s languages
- the physicality of speech actions
- descriptive phonetics
- the skills of formal and informal speech
With Associate Teachers Julie Foh & Eliza Simpson
Click here for a full description of the workshop.
VASTA Members $800*
ANY Union Members $800**
There is also a PART ONE ONLY OPTION for $500 ($400 with union membership)!
This three-day session (Part One) focuses on:
- Awareness and practice of precise articulation action
- The physical actions that produce all the sounds of the world’s languages—”Omnish”
- Vocal Tract Posture—the articulatory basis for the sounds in accents and languages
This session will also prepare the participant for Part Two, which includes detailed phonetic transcription and an exploration of the skills of formal and informal speech. (No phonetic transcription will be used in Part One of the workshop.) Email email@example.com if interested in a PART ONE ONLY OPTION.